Email marketing is a key component of any digital marketing strategy. However, not all email marketing campaigns are created equal. Certain strategic decisions will improve the effectiveness of an email marketing campaign, leading to higher ROI and better profitability for the brand.
What Makes an Email Marketing Campaign Effective?
To be as effective and successful as possible, an email marketing campaign should:
- Use attention-grabbing subject lines. - The subject line is the first thing users see when an email arrives. If the subject line doesn't capture the user's attention and give him or her a reason to open the email, the email will likely be deleted. For this reason, writing engaging subject lines is essential to the success of any email marketing campaign.
- Be mobile-friendly. - Many users now rely on their mobile devices to check email and perform other online tasks. When emails load slowly and don't respond to screen size, users are likely to get frustrated and abandon the email without reading it. To accommodate the typical user, all emails in a successful campaign must be mobile-friendly.
- Include an appropriate amount of contact with consumers. - Consumers don't want to be bombarded with a constant flow of junk mail. For the best results, emails should be sent on a regular basis, but they shouldn't be sent often enough to irritate the consumer.
- Be based on metrics. - Successful email campaigns are based on an ongoing analysis of key metrics, such as open rates, click-through rates and bounce rates.
- Utilize audience segmentation. - Not every member of a brand's audience is interested in the same types of content. Successful email marketing campaigns use audience segmentation to categorize audience members and deliver the content that is most likely to be well-received.
- Incorporate automation. - Without automation, email marketing can be an arduous task. Brands that make use of automation workflows increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the email marketing campaign.
- CAN-SPAM Act compliance. - The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that establishes rules marketers must follow when creating and sending emails. These rules apply to all commercial emails, not just bulk mail. If an email marketing campaign doesn't comply with these rules, the recipient can force the sender to stop sending emails. In addition, some violations of the CAN-SPAM Act can lead to harsh penalties for the sender.
Email Marketing with Achilles Interactive
At Achilles Interactive, we understand all of the hard work that goes into building a strong email marketing campaign. We can help with all aspects of an email marketing campaign, from list building to the development of appropriate email marketing content. We know how to help you build your list of recipients, segment the audience appropriately and develop content appropriate for each type of recipient. We also know how to write attention-grabbing headlines and utilize automation to improve the efficiency of the campaign.
To learn more about our email marketing service, please contact the experts at Achilles Interactive today!